Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tummy Tuesday

Week 26

Check out that belly!!!!

As you can obviously see Mary Claire is beginning to pack on the pounds. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel. This week I was able to see/feel a difference in my belly. Usually I don't really notice a change until I compare pictures- but this week there was a noticeable difference in how big I look and how my clothes fit. So it was crunch time to figure out what I am going to wear to work since I no longer had to tie the drawstring of my pants to keep them up. There is no such thing as cute maternity scrubs so I started brain storming. This is what I came up with...



*** please disregard the fact I sewed the maternity band on inside out***

I cut the top off my scrub pants and the top of maternity bottoms that didn't fit- sewed them together, and VOLIA! Instant maternity scrubs! Ingenious!!!

In addition to my growing belly another area just north of the belly is growing as well... 

***PARENTAL ADVISORY***
I tend to be an "over-sharer" and tell people way to much personal information. I have a feeling this is one of those times, but I want to share it cause I think it is amusing. But if you do not want to hear about the girls then scroll on down to the next section.

It's no secret that a push-up bra was almost a necessity for me pre-pregnancy... check out my new maternity bra. (the top one is a old bra for comparison)




The tag on my nursing bra reads "34DD"... Seriously?!?!?!?!?! They are not quite that big yet, but the lady said I would need some more growing room. A new bra was well past due... the girls were looking pretty pitiful squeezed into my 32 B's, but I had no idea I as THAT over due.




I have had lots of people ask me about her nursery, and I guess I have not blogged about that yet- so here you go! 


Mary Claire is not actually going to get a full nursery per say because our house is on the market and it would be silly to do all of that to just have to do it again as soon as we move. I know that soon that nesting instinct will kick in, but I am going to try to resist. We will put up a crib and move her furniture all into one room, but no paint or anything else that we can't move with us. I didn't want a "theme" for her room- it is just going to be "Shabby Chic." Mary Claire's D'D is making her bedding and eventually probably curtains, pillows, and what nots when we get settled in a new house.


These are the fabrics we have picked out.


I LOVE this one- so I picked out all the other fabrics to match.




I am excited to see how the quilt turns out! 


But for the first couple of weeks Mary Claire will sleep right here... 2 feet from Momma in a bassinet that her Nana, her Uncle Dane, her cousin Benton, and cousin Braden all slept in as infants.
 Sweetness... I know!





No comments:

Post a Comment