Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tummy Tuesday

Week 20 Belly Shot



I am starting to run out of room to write what week it is! Guess Chase will have to start backing up. :)

WAHOO! This week is the 1/2 way mark! It is crazy to think my pregnancy is half way over?!?! Seems like just yesterday we found out I was pregnant. Well actually, it seems like just last week we were dating in highschool, but in a matter of weeks we will be blessed with our very own child. How time flies...

This week Mary Claire is around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel, and SHE weighs about 10 1/2 ounces (approx the size of a banana). If you are thinking anything like I was, just last week SHE was only 5 1/2 inches long and now SHE is 10 inches... how does that happen? It is because for the first 20 weeks, HER legs are curled up against HER torso and hard to measure, so measurements are taken from the top of HER head to HER bottom "crown to rump." After 20 weeks, SHE's measured from head to heel.

SHE's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for HER digestive system. SHE is also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in HER bowels, and I will see it in HER first poopy diaper. And yes- I have googled stages of baby poop.

***Can you tell I am so excited to not have to write he/she or him/her? ***

This weeks highlights:

Highlight #1 Chase got to feel Mary Claire move for the very first time! I have been trying and trying to get him to feel her for about the last 2 weeks, but I guess she is just now strong enough to kick hard enough to feel from the outside. His face just lit up! It was awesome. :)

Highlight #2: We had a lady come in the office this week who has a little girl named Mary Claire, and she said she has tons of stuff with "Mary Claire" embriodered on it because she has an embriodery machine and she wants to give it all to ME! JACKPOT!!!!!! Her Mary Claire was born April of last year and mine is due in March so all the sizes should match up! Man O Man... how awesome is that!??!?!?!?

Highlight #3: We (I) bought a stroller, car seat and extra base. I had been doing my research on the safest  infant car seat on the market and Britax kept topping the list. So I ran to USA baby over my lunch break on Wednesday to test drive it. And by test drive it I mean buckle and unbuckle, car seat in and out of the base, car seat in and out of the stroller, fold up the stroller, steer the stroller, etc. I think I was getting on the lady's nerve. But long story short- they were having a sale and I got the car seat ($180), stroller ($199), and extra base ($90) all for $250 plus tax!!! I just couldn't pass up a good deal. Here is a picture of Mary Claire's ride.




Highlight #4: Baby girl clothes are REALLY cute. This could be dangerous, very dangerous... especially if the outlets are having a sale.

Love it!

 This was only $2 so I got it in 2 sizes

 Who doesn't love ruffles?

 Umm, how cute?

And it was so cute I got it in the next size up in short sleeves

 And my favorite...

And I am creating a Monster.

 I don't even own a "real" Coach bag, but now Mary Claire does. Oh, golly- she is already rotten...



No comments:

Post a Comment