Monday, October 10, 2011

Gender Revel Party

We invited our family to a gathering via the invitation below to find out the sex of Baby P. I wish we could have invited close friends too, but there were 38 people with just family... How blessed is this little baby?!?!?!?



Chase and I had "our" very first ultrasound on Friday afternoon. It was sooooooo neat to see the baby squirming around in my belly, but more on that in a later post... So we found out what Baby P was around 11:45 on Friday afternoon and had to keep it a secret until Saturday at 1pm. That was the hardest 25 hours of my life!

We left the Dr.- called the baker- and headed to Covington. I wasn't even out of the parking lot and I had people texting me asking what the baby was. Notice I didn't say "us" I said "me" because everyone knows I am horrible at secrets and they knew that they had a better chance at getting me to crack then Chase. Man was it hard!

We got to NaNa and Pops' house around dinner time and set some ground rules that we could not talk about the baby because we knew one of us (me!!!) would slip up. Chase's parents did great! They did not try to get it out of us... my family on the other hand was a different story. Here are a series of text that I got- All with the caption "If I were to get one of these which one would Baby P like?" (in no particular order)




























I GOT 19 TOTAL!!!!

It was so hard for me not to tell anyone... but I did it!!! I was so proud of myself!

We got up Saturday morning and started getting ready. We decorated in ALL pink and blue. And I made sure that all the pink and blue items were equal so no one got any ideas :)


Pink & Blue m&m's with Baby P on them 


pink or blue????- Chase isn't telling :)

Food table - "What Baby P is Made of" AKA Anna Marie's cravings



The CUPCAKES!!!!!!


And the infamous Gender Poll


We asked everyone to come in pink or blue depending on their guess


TEAM PINK

TEAM BLUE

TEAM DOESN'T WANT TO BE WRONG

Libby even got to guess (before the ultrasound)
What Lab doesn't want a brother?

Some of my favorite rationals:

TaTa- "Most all the male Peelers have had girls first- PeePaw, Dane, Rick, Mac, Uncle Dennis, etc"

Mary Leigh (after the reveal)- "Well I was really thinking girl, but I wore blue because everyone else was wearing pink and I didn't want you to be disappointed if it was a boy and you thought everyone wanted a girl." - Thanks sissy :)

And my favorite by far...

MawMaw- "I am mostly pink with a slight chance of blue"(pointing out the colors in her shirt)
Me- "MawMaw, that sounds like a weather forecast" :)

Once everyone got there, I could not wait for the reveal! So we had dessert first! Everyone got their cupcakes... with only one casualty during the hand out.

DON'T TOUCH IT!!!


READY? 

ONE

....

TWO

....

THREE!!!



IT'S A GIRL!!!!


Let me just take a second to give you a side note:

This is how D'D found out



She squeezed the cupcake open. That way she could immediately see the color and not have to bite into it and pull it away from her mouth to see. INGENIOUS!

And the next question "Do you have a name?"

Come one people... look at who you are talking about here... I have had a little girl name picked out for YEARS and lucky Chase loves it too!!

World- Let me introduce you to...

Mary Claire Peeler


And yes, she will be a double namer... Mary Claire.

I can tell you love it! I can just see it in your eyes while your ready this. :)





2 comments:

  1. YAY! I guessed girl! And I do love her name, so precious! Those sewing skills are really gonna come in handy! CONGRATS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how adorable! so happy for you anna marie! loving your updates!

    ReplyDelete