Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tummy Tuesday

Week 19 Belly shot

Still don't think I really look this big?!?!?!

So this week we got our first look inside my belly and it was by far the most amazing thing I have EVER seen! For goodness sakes- there is a living being INSIDE my belly... WOW! Just so surreal...

Our ultrasound appointment was Friday at 11pm. They told me to be there at 10:45 for some reason? Well we showed up at 10:42 checked in a sat in the waiting room and tried to be patient. 10:45 came and went... then 11 came and went... still waiting at 11:15... man I was so excited and they were keeping me waiting!!!! They better be glad I was in a good mood cause this pregnant lady could have very easily gotten hostile with the staff if I was in a momma bear mood.  Not to mention, they told me to have a full bladder and I had to pee really bad. Finally at 11:24 we got called back!

AAGGGGHHHH!!!! just steps away from knowing if baby P was a girl or boy....

We got settled in the ultrasound room and the technician asked us if we wanted to "know the sex of the baby if she could tell". I said YES!!! very excitedly, and was thinking in the back of my head, "lady- you better be able to tell"

And off we go...

At first we just sat and stared at the screen in shock at the first few glimpses of the little miracle moving around in my belly.



Isn't it the most beautiful thing you have every seen?!?!

She started by checking the umbilical cord, then measuring the cervical fluids, the space behind the brain,  some vein in the brain, and tons of other critical things but all I was kind of in shock and was just taking in every little movement our baby made. 

Then she checked the fingers and toes...

4 fingers (in a fist) and the top of her head

And my favorite picture of all... our tiny baby's little foot.

When the lady stopped and got this still shot I immediately looked over at Chase and said, "THE BABY HAS YOUR FEET!!!"
Look close... All of Chase's toes are really long except the pinky toe. Look close at the baby's feet... It is the same way! How cool is that?!?!?

Next it was on to measuring the length of the long bones, spine, and checking the bladder and kidneys...



 

I kept cracking up at the ultrasonic technician because she was getting very frustrated with the baby because it would move every time she tried to get a still shot the baby would move. We heard a lot of "Come on baby", "Be still baby", "Work with me here baby", "WOAH! Baby"

She said everything looked good and normal. Now on to find out pink or blue.... (still not sure why she didn't do that first?!?!?) :)
"You've got a girl baby"- Ultrasonic Technician

I immediately looked over at Chase with tears in my eyes with a HUGE smile on my face and said... "We are in trouble... Little girl stuff is really cute!"

"Oh, Yeah... It's DEFIANTLY a girl"- Ultrasonic technician

This will be the first granddaughter on either side of the family. Mary Leigh has 2 boys and Chassity has 2 boys too, this little girl is going to be rotten! I am so excited to have a daughter!!! Chase is terrified. At first I thought he was disappointed, but it turns out he is just scared... "I don't know what to do with a girl?", "Raising a girl is so much harder", "I know how a boy thinks, but I still can't figure out how a girl thinks"

Guess we better just start praying now for the wisdom to raise a wholesome daughter with christian morals. I hope we don't mess up too many times.

Some specs from the visit:
- First and Foremost we have a healthy, happy, ACTIVE, baby girl
- She is a little over 8 ounces
- 5 inches long
- 151 beats per min (I could have watched her heart beat all day)
- still due March 2nd

All most half way there... Hello week 20... :)

1 comment:

  1. So excited! I'm sure she'll have curly blond hair! Did that show on the ultrasound? I couldn't tell!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete