Friday, July 8, 2011

Telling the Our Families

Chase and I found out on Monday, and we decided to wait until the weekend when we were going to see both of our families in person to tell them. Let me tell you... it was so hard to keep it a secret!!! It is such exciting news it was so hard to keep it to ourselves. I called the Dr and she said that it would not be a good idea for me to go rafting that weekend since it could jar my insides, so we knew we had to tell Mary Leigh before we left to go rafting so she could pack clothes to raft, and I would stay back and keep Bates and Brodie.

We invited Mary Leigh, Nick, and the boys to go eat Sweet CeCe's with us Monday night... It doesn't take much to convince the Brown's to go eat ice cream. We tried to think of a funny way to tell them like- "We will have to make this a weekly trip for the next 9 months" or Chase joke around that I am pregnant like he usually does when a group of us get together- then say "No, Really"... but we just got our ice cream- sat on the bench and when the rafting trip came up I just said- "About that... Mary Leigh, you can go rafting in my place", then she said "Are you Pregnant?"
Me: "Yes"
Mary Leigh: "I knew it!!!!!"
Nick: "Congratulations!"

So for the rest of the week only Chase, Mary Leigh, Nick, and I knew... At least we had someone to talk to about it!!!

On to telling my family...

We had a 4 hour ride to Gatlinburg to come up with a neat way to tell them, and what did we come up with... Nothing... We hoped maybe someone would set Chase up for a pregnancy joke- then say "No, really this time!" Chase made 6 pregnancy jokes, but no one caught on because he jokes about it so much....William even started in on making the pregnancy jokes not knowing we were being for real. So we got out my phone and showed them a picture of my positive pregnancy test. And said "We are going to have a baby!"
Mom's reaction: ......Speechless...... (I think this maybe one of the few times my mom has ever been at a loss for words)
Dad- YAY Annie! Congratulations! (and a big hug)
Maw Maw- OH YAY!!!
Paw Paw- *Smile*
William- Is it for real this time?
Emily- (big hug) Yay! I am so happy for yall!
Robert- Congratulations Annie!

But we had to tell them to keep it a secret because Chase's family doesn't know yet, and we don't want it to leak.

Up next Chase's family...

When we got back from Gatlinburg we meet them in Waverly for lunch. Again we tried to think of a neat way to tell them. We hoped Chassity would have her baby this weekend so we could ask them if "they are ready to do it all over again in 8 months", but no such luck. So Chase just asked how Chassity was- and after their response about anxiously waiting- Chase asked them if they were going to be ready to do it again in 8 months. Immediately they both look at me for confirmation since Chase jokes about me being pregnant all the time, and I nodded yes. There were lots of hugs, "I am so happy for yall", "Congratulations", and maybe a few tears :)

On our way back home Chase called his Grannannie & PeePaw, his sisters, and Dane & TaTa- and I called MiMi and Peanut to let them know. Dane and Tata want us to have "twins... twins... twins... twins..." MiMi was glad "Chase's curly hair is now in the gene pool", and Chassity offered to let me borrow her maternity clothes, SCORE! Every one was so excited for us, but we are more excited to not have to keep it a secret any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment