Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Tummy Tuesday 25 Weeks

Is it Tuesday already? Really?- This long weekend has me all thrown off.


Again this week was uneventful, not much to talk about... "Auto-pilot" as the Doc calls it. 

Sylvia is now 13.5 inches long and weighs about a pound and a half, but slowly packing on the pounds to fill out all that wrinkled skin she currently has. I can tell she is getting bigger because it is getting harder and harder to catch my breath. If I get too long winded explaining something to a patient, or telling a story I start getting short of breath. Looks like she is already big enough to be squashing my lung capacity. And, apparently she is also growing more hair and if we could see it we could discern it's color and texture, but I am calling bull on that. If history tells me anything, it's that my babies are born BALD and remain BALD well past their first birthdays. 

I am getting more consistent heartburn, especially at night- and back pain is beginning to show it's ugly head at the end of a long day. For the last few weeks my belly has been getting too big to comfortably sleep on my stomach, but we are now officially over that hump. I'll be sleeping on my back or side from now until mid September, which I guess can be expected since my uturus is now approx the size of a soccer ball. I've got a pre-natal massage I have been saving for when I can't lay on my back any longer. Wonder what they would charge just to let me come in and lay on the pre-natal pillow thing and take a nap?

There has been one new pregnancy symptom this week. Insomnia..... UGH! I never had it with either of my first pregnancies so I am not positive it is pregnancy related, but the internet says it can be- so that means it must be true, right? I can go to sleep just fine. Like, most nights I am sleep before my head hits the pillow, but after my middle-of-the-night-bathroom-break it is a crap shoot whether I am going to be able to go back to sleep. I have never.... never had a problem sleeping- and this is super frustrating.

But on to a bit of exciting news....Sylvia has gotten her first item specifically purchased for her. 


A box of diapers that were on clearance because the box was damaged. They will absorb body fluids all the same regardless of what the box looks like...Bless her little 3rd child heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment