Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Tummy Tuesday 21 weeks


Week 21 brought another doctor appointment. Baby girl's heart rate was 136 bpm which is on the slower side of normal. Maybe she will be a more mellow baby? *fingers crossed* Is a mellow little girl such a thing? My belly measured 22inches, which is apparently "perfect". And on a positive note, she said her records only show I have gained 10 pounds... say what?!?! I guess I had already gained a few pounds before my first appointment, and I also had some holiday fluff left over before I got pregnant. Either way I got a high-five from the doctor on my "minimal weight gain" #winning

OB went over the report the surgeon sent back to her after my appointment with him. After reading that and discussing things with her, I think we decided to wait to have it fixed until after baby #4. I will need to  keep a close eye on it between now and then, but they think it might be best in the long run to wait until our family is complete. 

Baby Girl is still nameless, but getting close. Chase and I had a date weekend this past weekend. No kids, no cable, no internet, and no cell phone service. We decided it would be a perfect time to play the name game. After much discussion (read... way too much debating ending many times in tears because I am hormonal and don't want to compromise) we are still undecided, but we did make progress. There are certain qualities we/he/I want in a name for our child, but we will just not be able to satisfy all of those criteria for this baby. Something has to give. We decided the best option would be getting outside the limits of "family names" for 2 reasons. 
1- If we are having this much trouble with a girl name now, it will be impossible to find a name if #4 is girl too.
2- We would rather have a name we both LOVE than a choosing a name we just like because it is a family name. No one will know it is a family name except us. And it is not like we were naming her "after" someone per say- just wanted to keep it in the family tree. 
So when not limiting us to family names we came up with 3 names we agreed would be a good option. One is my favorite, and one is his.... and of course they are not the same name. Why, would they be right? So, we are close, soooo close. But nothing official yet. 

Baby Girl is 3/4 of a pound now and almost 11 inches long (around the size of a butternut squash). Her little flutters and rolls have turned into more distinct kicks and punches.  Next appointment is in 3 weeks, so I can be on track to take my glucose test at the following appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment