Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Tummy Tuesday 24 Weeks


We have now reached 24 weeks (and 5 days) and this is a monumental turning point, because 24 weeks is the approximate age a baby can first survive outside the womb. Especially being a white female- the odds are in her favor. Hard to believe.... I just hope she stay put an cooks a good bit longer. 

Sylvia is now 12.5 inches long and a 1.5 pounds. She has a very lean figure at this point, but will soon start to plump up. At her check up today doc said we were on "auto-pilot"- everything looks good, sounds good (136bpm), and feels good. Next appointment is in 3 weeks for the glucose test. Guess I should maybe stop eating cookies for breakfast between now and then, huh?

And I am still feeling great! My uterus is now above my belly button which is great because my hernia no longer hurts, but bad because that means heart burn is getting more frequent. Bathroom breaks are a little more regular now, although I am not getting up in the night nearly as much as I did with her sisters. No real complaints.... yet, anyway. We even took a 4 mile family walk a few days ago (I was talked into it with the promise of a snow cone 1/2 way though)- and I just knew I would be sorry the next day, but my body felt fine. I think the exercises to keep my hips aligned must be really working because my knees and back feel much better than they did with Margaret. So, fingers crossed I don't get super uncomfortable this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment