Sunday, September 18, 2011

Warrior Dash

My office got a group together to do the Warrior Dash this year. The Warrior Dash is a 5K obstacle course complete with obstacles such as "Road Rage" (run through a scrapyard full of rusted wreckage), "Aracnophobia" (tread through tangled ropes), "Black Out" (dive into darkness to escape the trenches), "Cargo climb" (self explanatory), "Warrior Roast" (jump over fire), and lastly you scramble beneath barbed wire in a muddy pit to complete the course. Needless to say, I was not a part of the team because I am 4 months pregnant- but Chase was!

Chase and I were keeping Bates and Brodie on Saturday while Mary Leigh and Nick were in Atlanta,  so we were the designated cheerleaders. I use term "we" very loosely seeing as there was a lot of this going on in the stroller....


Here are a few Before Pictures:




After seeing them off the boys and I set up camp next to the "Warrior Roast" to watch people jump over fire! We did anything and everything to entertain ourselves while we waited for "Unk Chas" to come through...



"Go Chas Go!!!!"



And After Pictures...



Chase finished 103rd out of 768 in his age group and 495th out of 10921 overall with a time of 32 minutes and 21 seconds! Go "Unk Chas"!

We all had a great time! I am looking forward to hopefully being able to do it next year! 







No comments:

Post a Comment