Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tummy Tuesday

Your weekly belly shot... and to put it into the loving words of my husband... I "actually look like a pregnant women", and I will have to agree. The baby pudge is moving up and actually turning into a baby belly.


Oh and please note the sports bra... None of my bras fit...

Baby P is going to hit a growth spurt in the next few weeks and double in size and weight . Right now he/she is 4.5 inches long and weighs 3.5 ounces (about the size of the avocado). His/Her toenails are growing and his/her hair line is beginning to develop even though he/she doesn't have any hair yet. His/her eyes and ears are finally finding there final resting place in there correct position- and he/she is looking more and more human. Makes me wonder which human he/she is going to look like? Me? or Chase? I smile just picturing him/her :) Hopefully a great combination of both... you know my teeth, his eyes, my feet, his hair, etc... I am so excited to see how God combines the 2 of us into one small child!

Some websites say you can determine the sex of the baby as early as 16 weeks. THATS RIGHT NOW!!! Makes me feel some cramps coming on... just kidding.

And for Momma P- I just feel fat. I see these weekly pictures of myself and I do look pregnant not fat, but on a day by day basis I just feel gross. But on the plus side, I did order 3 pregnancy workout videos... Now I just have to find the motivation to actually do them, not just let them lay on the coffee table.

I can't think of anything new for me this week, other than I get a yucky metallic taste in my mouth after I eat or drink anything. Kind of gross...

So something I have already been worrying about... CHILDCARE.
1. How long do I take for maternity leave? Keep in mind I do not get paid if I am not at work. Period. 6 weeks? 8 weeks? 10 weeks? 
2. Daycare vs Homecare... I am leaning towards Homecare for an infant, then a more a structured daycare as they get older.
3. Who do I trust to take care of my precious baby?
4. Better to be close to work or home?
5. Why is it so expensive?
6. What if they want to do dance or soccer and practice starts at 4:30? We don't get off until 5... what do parents do? 

I could go on and on but I've got to stop thinking about it... it stresses me out! I want to be an involved parent, but how do working moms do it?!?!?!

On to a happy note... Hello week 17 :)




2 comments:

  1. My humble advice: Stay out as long as you can afford to, but don't feel guilty for going back. I liked daycare over homecare (unless you have a direct family member that could do it for cheaper, and you trust) because it is regulated and monitored. Obviously I love and trust the people who care for my child period. But it is nice to know they have standards to follow and can be checked on. Start looking now.We ran into problems with year long waiting lists. It is sooo expensive,it just is, so that's that. Don't stress too much, it will work out, and it will be perfect for your family!As far as dance practice, yeah...we're trying to figure that out now...so I'm watching your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when I think of what baby P will look like I can't help but think of that picture y'all had that a machine did!! Hahaha!
    Love your belly.... It's the bump now!! Glad your feeling well and we got to catch up last night!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete