Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tummy Tuesday



Not much change in the bump- still thinking it is mostly bloating, but it is kinda hard feeling... so maybe 30%baby bump 70% pudge????

Week 10 starts the fetal period where Baby P is classified as a fetus and no longer an embryo. During the fetal stage all of the tissue and organs that have already develped grow, mature and function. Peach fuzz has begun to develp over most of his/her skin and the fingernails are begining to form on the tips of his/her fingers and toes. His/Her arms and leg joints are begining to function, and he or she can bend his/her arms or legs. (Man I am going to be glad when I can just write he or she and not have to put both).

Momma P- I am still tired and feel car sick most of the day, but this week seems to have been more tolerable then the last few. Other then last thurday (I felt AWEFUL on thursday) I have felt pretty good. I did not sleep all weekend like I did the last. I actually got up and cleaned the house Saturday morning at 7:30! Man I was feeling good... until lunch time. Still counting down the days to the second trimester while trying to enjoy every sick minute of the first one.

Lub-Dub, Lub-Dub, Lub-Dub, Lub-Dub Lub-Dub, Lub-Dub, Lub-Dub, Lub-Dub Lub-Dub, Lub-Dub,

Do you know what sound that is???? BABY P's HEART BEAT!!!

It was so sereal to hear a heart beat in my belly! It made it all "real". I think I acutally said, "There really IS a baby in there!!!" Chase tried to record it but you can't hear it on the video. :(

The Dr started off by warning us that it is not uncommon to not be able to hear the heart beat with the hand held dopler ultrasound at 10 weeks, so if not we would run down and do an ultrasound. I was kind of hoping she wouldn't be able to find it so we could SEE it! Then she pulled out this hand held thing with a wand connected to it, rubbed some jelly on it and rubbed it around on my belly. First in the center, then to the left a little then to the right... and there it was... Lub-Dub, Lub-Dub... and man was it fast! She said it sounded "strong" and  "perfect", but of course we already knew that :) Yay for another good check up!

Wish me luck as I enter week 11...

3 comments:

  1. I see a definite difference in the bump! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby P is growing and we can see it!!!! I look forward so much to Tummy Tuesdays! Can't wait to see you in person and pat your tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! I can see a bump!! Yay!! Baby P is in the "hairy butterbean" stage. You look great!!

    ReplyDelete