Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tummy Tuesday

34 Weeks

Margaret is now pushing 5 pounds and 18 inches long. Although if she is anything like her sister she is smaller than "average." Right now she is packing on the fat to help her regulate her body temperature once she joins us in the outside world. Her lungs are also maturing, but babies born 34-37 weeks (still considered premie) have no long term health problems. She may have to stay in the NICU for a week or so but long term they are just as healthy as full-term babies. But don't get any big ideas Margaret... Mommy and Daddy are NOT ready yet!

Something new did happen this week... new for this pregnancy and new to me all together. Late on Sunday night my belly shook like a bowl full of jelly... Literally. It was like she got chilled, or I swallowed a phone on vibrate? I immediacy googled "Can babies have seizures in utero"- Dr Google says no. He says it is possible but HIGHLY unlikely. What is more than likely was was uterine spasms. Comparable to when you work out so hard that your muscles give out and quiver... my uterus (which is also just a muscle) is being "exercised" to the max and spasmed. Dr confirmed this first thing on Monday morning when I called. As long as she is still moving around and I'm not having contractions she is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment