Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tummy Tuesday

33 Weeks

6 weeks and 2 days to go.... but, who's counting?!?!

I don't feel as big with Margaret as I did with Mary Claire (but apparently I am- see below). I have people tell me all the time that I look so small to be due in 6 weeks (keep those comments coming please). And honestly I feel *little* too. *Little* being a relative term- no one who is pregnant feels little. I just don't feel like the side of a barn like I did with Mary Claire, but I guess I still have 6 weeks to get there. 


Margaret is now pushing 4 pounds and 17 inches long- about the size of a pineapple. And she is an active little booger! Like I have said before- she doesn't like a punch like Mary Claire- she ROLLS- most of the time it is easier to see her movements than feel them. Typically my tummy looks lop-sided too. As I sit here typing this I am watching my belly (covering the keyboard) roll like the ocean. I love this! Definitely one of the things I will miss most in 6 weeks.

Can't wait to meet this little girl! It is so hard for me to believe that she will be her own little person just like Mary Claire but different. Will she have blonde curly hair, and be a girlie girl like her big sister? Or will she have dark hair (like her aunts) and be a tom-boy? Will she be a good eater and sleeper (Please yes!)? Will she be an extravert, class clown, and high maintenance or will she be mellow and go with the flow? (please be the later.... Not sure I can deal with two "drama queens") Will she spit up all the time like sister or will I get to not smell like sour milk for the first 6 months of her life? I just can't wait to know! But in saying all that---- I seriously CAN wait because I haven't done the first thing to prepare for her arrival. No nursery, no bedding, no diaper bag, no double stroller, no monitor, no bottles, no pump, no hospital bag, no clean (hand-me down.... welcome to being the little sister) clothes neatly hung in a closet, nothing.... in all first world aspects I am NOT ready. Sister does have some cute shoes and hair bows though... oh and a handful of diapers. So I am "second child" ready right? Bless her... Already getting the shaft. When I was buying things preparing for Mary Claire "Cute" was the determining factor on getting something....now it is functionality. Oh how times have changed. 

Oh and check out this SUPER CUTE painting Margaret's Uncle William painted for her! 
Can't wait to hang it in the nursery.... but we aren't going to talk about the 1/2 finished nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment