Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tummy Tuesday

Week 37

Today I am 37 weeks and 5 days. WOW! Makes me wonder how many more Tummy Tuesdays there will be? Could this be the last one? Probably not, but maybe- just maybe????

Mary Claire and Momma P had another really good check up last week. We went last Wednesday- so almost a week ago by now and the doctor said everything looked great! No more progress since my exam the previous Friday, but she said that is VERY normal. She said she would be worried if I was progressing because apparently that means I would be in labor. The reason they check every visit is for a base line- that way if I think I am in labor they have a good base line of what is "normal" for me.

I have another check up tomorrow- Wish us luck!

I'm still feeling really good. I am not miserable at all, so I guess that means it's not time yet. Don't get me wrong I am not comfortable, but I'm not at the "Get this baby out!!!" point yet. I have begun to have some hot spells. Usually I am very cold natured but the last week or so I will wake up and be sweating. It's been a good break for Chase because I usually burn him out. I have also noticed I also tend to hold my breath now. Like before I bend over to get something,  roll out of the bed,  get in the car, or do anything that requires exerting any energy I tend to take a deep breath and hold it until the the "strenuous activity" is over. Or if I get really excited about something and get to taking really fast I run out of breath really easily. I was beginning to think that I was really out of shape but the doctor said that Mary Claire is just so big that it has decreased my lung capacity, and I will get it back as soon as she is out. WHEW! thank goodness. I'm ready to be able to take a deep breath again.

Daddy P had a really funny dream the other night- He dreamed that he accidentally shocked me (you know like when you have static electricity from walking on the carpet in socks??) and I went into labor. HA! Crazy Daddy!

I have begun to prepare for the actual birth. I have a pile of things on my dresser that need to go into a "hospital bag"- I have a bag of her stuff packed (boppy, cute hats, solid blanket for pictures, etc) - I have decided on a birth plan: Get to the hospital and let me tell me what to do next :)... After all they are the experts in this- not me! And lastly a Labor Play List!!! Chase and I really had a lot of fun coming up with songs on our 3 hours drive back from Memphis this last weekend. It is as follows:

- Move, Get Out The Way!--- Ludacris (for the drive to the hospital)
- Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night--- Black Eyed Peas
- Let's Get It Started --- Black Eyed Peas
- Pop, Lock and Drop It --- T-Pain
- Just Breathe --- Faith Hill
- Ah, Just Push It --- Salt and Peppa
- I'm Coming Out --- Dianna Ross
- You Can Do It, Put Your Back Into It --- Ice cube
- Born in the USA --- Brice Springsteen

HA! We were cracking up thinking of "appropriate" songs :) - It's really funny now, but I am not so sure I am going to think it is very funny when it is actually happening.

And Lastly---- I meet with our pediatrician today for a pre-baby visit. I got a tour of the office- met her nurse- an they answered all my questions. Here are some highlights from the visit.
- They have 2 nurses who's only job is to answer questions ALL DAY. They have their own extension and are happy to answer questions like "Is her poop supposed to look like this" or any other silly questions we may have.
- One of the 4 doctors is always on call. So if I call after hours I will never talk to a nurse or an answering service. I can always talk to a doctor.
- I will use the on call pediatrician at the hospital and then follow their recommendation on when to follow up with her doctor
- And she said I need to take a minimum of 8 weeks maternity leave because MC's first round of shots will be at her 2 month appointment and she does not need to go to childcare with out being vaccinated.

2 comments:

  1. Literally laughed out loud at the play list! Thanks for sharing! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. add "baby, baby, baby" by just beiber to the play list.

    ReplyDelete