Saturday, February 4, 2012

Showered With Love x1

 This past weekend I had my first baby shower! Two of my VERY best friends/sorority sisters, Christina and Eve hosted it at Mary Leigh's house. I have some amazing friends! 

They did such a good job!!!... and such cute decor!!!

Mary Claire LOVES some shabby chic!!!




As the guest got there they were asked to fill out the "Wishes for Baby" Card. Such a cute idea!




Then it was time for shower food and cupcakes!


Then PRESENTS!!!! Boy, Did Mary Claire get some great stuff!!!!


Eve and Christina had the CUTEST idea.... I picked a "Wishes for Baby" card and read it out loud before I opened that person's gift. Lots of laughs for sure!



Some of my favorites:
I Hope You Love: GLITTER!- Carmen
I Hope You Get: Your Daddy's Curls- MawMaw
I Hope You Become: on Toddlers and Tiaras- Caroline
I Hope You Get: a Pony- Aunt Mandi
I Hope You Aren't Afraid: of Dirt- Aunt Chassity and Aunt Claire
I Hope You Get: Your Mom's Butt- Christina
I Hope You Learn: to LOVE your monogram- Joanna
I Hope You Respect: Color Coded Organization- Eve
I Hope You Learn: to walk fast, or we will leave you behind- Aunt Mary Leigh
I Hope You Ignore: Aunt Mandi - Aunt LuLu
I Hope You Never Forget: God Loves You!- Besty




This gift could quite possibly be the BEST baby gift EVER! A RaRa for Mary Claire!!!!


Back Story: My Aunt Luanne made me a puff-a-lump rabbit when I was a baby, and it never left my side. To call it a "comfort item" would be an understatement! RaRa went everywhere with me and he was VERY VERY loved... So loved there is not much left of him these days :( In high school I found out that nylon athletic shorts felt the same as my RaRa--- now just shortened to Ra, so I retired Ra. From then on you can always find a pair of nylon shorts in my pillow case. I'm not sure I could sleep with out them. I know... a little weird. But now MC has her very own hand made RaRa!!! I LOVE it!

Me and Sissy

Momma had the flu, so she couldn't make it- But she was there in spirit! :)

Be KD

And the boys crashed the party at the very end....

Mary Claire is one lucky little girl! She has many, many people who already love her very much! I can't wait for her to get here, and now we are at least a little more prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment