Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tummy Tuesday

Week 35

And we are down to a mere 4 1/2 weeks... Gulp!

Mary Claire doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and weighs approximately 5 1/4 pounds, about the size of a honey dew melon! Because she is so snug in there, she isn't  doing many somersaults anymore, but is just pushing really hard. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete which makes me wonder what those physical features look like. :) She'll spend the next 4 1/2 weeks really just putting on weight. Although she would still be considered "pre-mature" there would be no long term effects from being born 4 1/2 weeks early. Kinda scary to think about considering how unprepared we are!

Daddy P and I are both very anxiously awaiting her arrival. On one had we are sooooooo ready for her to be here. We can't wait to meet her and hold her in our arms. But on the other hand hand we are sooooooo unprepared. There is so much that we need to / have to do before she can come. My MawMaw (hi MawMaw!!!) asked me if we had our hospital bag packed... Ugh no, no we don't as a matter of fact. She can't come if we don't have a hospital bag packed right?.... Right?!?!? I haven't even googled what I need to pack? So that is defiantly on our to-do list- along with- put the last coat of paint on the crib, put the crib together, hang the floating shelves, get the car seat out of the box, etc. I could go on and on but it kinda stresses me out...

Daddy P seems to think she is going to come early because I "won't stop." But the doctor hasn't given me any reason to slow down, and I can't just sit around when I feel so good and have so much still to do. I'd go crazy!!! I guess we will see...


My scrub pants are beginning to get a little (read VERY) snug in the butt/thigh area. I really hope I can hold out on having to buy any new ones. I just keep telling myself, "You only have to wear them like this 4 more times." (we have a different pair of scrubs for each day of the week- thus 4 weeks- 4 more wears).


Starting this Friday I go to the doctor every week. Wowzers.... that must mean it is crunch time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment