Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tummy Tuesday

34 WEEKS

6 WEEK TO GO!!!! And I am not going to lie- I'm getting a little anxious about it. I mean, seriously, in a few short weeks we will be given the greatest gift on earth, but it comes with so much responsibility. During the first part of the pregnancy I was hoping for a "February Baby." But now that February is a few days away- I am to hoping for a "March Baby". I am so not ready- there is so much to do, and buy, and plan, and paint, and pay for, and decorate!!!! I just need more time! I have so many "nesting projects" that are 1/2 complete or that aren't even started!!! (not to mention all the "house projects" that still need to be done since we just moved into our new house last week and there are so many things still in boxes)

Nesting Project #1: The Crib- 
Sorry no picture but we are painting my childhood crib, and of course I can't paint- so Daddy is working really hard on getting it primed and painted but it is just so time consuming!

Nesting Project #2: Hair Bow Organizer
I still have to attach the hooks to the bottom to hang the head bands from, but I (Daddy) needs to drill pilot holes in the frame before I can screw the hooks in.

Nesting Project #3: Shelves
Because her room is also going to serve as our guest room. There is not any room for a book shelf so I (Daddy) is hanging floating shelves above the guest bed to put all the baby nik-naks on.

Nesting Project #4: Wall Decor
This frame used to have a lovely mirror in it, but it fell off the wall a broke :(. So now it is an empty broken frame that I am going to repurpose because I LOVE the frame. I just need to prime and paint it white (or Daddy does since I can't paint) then piece it back together, then hang it above her crib, then buy a vinyl monogram to put on the wall inside it. 

And there are other projects that I have in my head that I would love to do as well, but I am running out of time to finish the projects that are 1/2 done, much less start new ones.

The only nesting project that is complete is her ruffled crib skirt... so cute right?!?!?! Just imagine it on her crib not on the side on our unmade bed.


But ready or not here she comes... And if she is anything like her momma she will come whenever she is good and ready, and not on anyone else's schedule.

So Friday I had another good check up. I gained 4 lbs, and she was again "perfect." My visits have been very uneventful thus far, but after this next Friday's visit I go every week and she will do a clinical exam each visit to get a better timeline of her arrival. So maybe things will liven up!!!

Oh!!! And remember the lady who also has a Mary Claire that is almost exactly 1 year older than mine that wanted to give me all her embroidered stuff???? She came through!!! Check out the goods!!!











SWEET!!!

3 comments:

  1. The skirt looks awesome!!!! You did so good!
    Love all the "MC" stuff! If those gowns are monag they are my favorite!!!!!
    See you in just a few short days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you made that crib skirt, was it hard???
    Super cute outfits too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina- Thanks!!! I love the MC stuff too, and esp because they were free dollars!
    Hallie- It was actually really easy to make the crib skirt- I combined 2 patterns- one for an adjustable crib skirt another on how to add the ruffles. I learned a lot by doing the ruffles... don't look too close they are not at all even or level- but they hide a multitude of mistakes. :)

    ReplyDelete