Sunday, May 15, 2011

You know your a grown-up when...

You know you are a grown up when.... You get SUPER excited about new appliances!!!

Ever since Chase and I moved into this house we had planned on up dating our kitchen with new appliances. Other than the fridge, all the appliances were original to the house in 1987. The oven cooked so unevenly that I would set the timer for 1/2 the cook time so I could turn the dish, then cook it the other half... the eyes of the stove were very uneven, and I lovingly called the dishwasher the dish sanitizer because you had to put clean dishes in it to be sanitized.

We had been saving a while, and it finally came time in February to buy our first new appliance, a stove. To put it lightly I was VERY excited. My parents were coming up that weekend, and offered to help us put it in and take the old one back for their church yard sale. So after work on Friday, Chase and I went to the Sears scratch and dent place to pick out our new stove, and I was like a kid in a candy store. I wasn't very picky at all, I just wanted a white one with a smooth cook top. There were a quite a few that met my criteria, but of course we just went with the cheapest (which happened to leave us a little extra money). We loaded it up, and headed home. Mom, dad, Mary Leigh, and Nick came over Saturday to help us install it. While my electric engineer of a brother-on-law was there I sweet talked him into wiring an outlet under our sink for a garbage disposal. That turned to into a lot bigger of a project then anticipated. A very long (and very technical) story short, we had to pull out the dishwasher to to do. And I thought, while we have it out, why to replace it too?!?!?! After much debate I convinced Chase it was a good idea not go ahead and get a replace it too!!!! So, off to the store we went. :)

So in one day we got a new stove and dishwasher!!! Oh happy day!!! It was like Christmas in February! It made our kitchen look much better, and I could stop going in the kitchen just to look at them.


Old Dishwasher (on move in day)

New Dishwasher

Old Stove

New Stove



No comments:

Post a Comment