Tuesday, May 10, 2011

BIRD!

So I had been planning on recapping the year from the beginning in chronological order, but something happened to me today that warrants an immediate post....

Let me set the stage for you....

Today I worked a half day like I do every other Monday so I can pick Bates up from MDO. On my way from Franklin to his school I stopped by the house to grab his car seat and my to-do list I left on the kitchen counter. I was kind of in a hurry so I quickly jumped out of the car, unlocked the door, and ran inside. I went to the counter where my to-do list was and I hear a rustling noise coming from the den, so I freeze to see if I hear it again..... Yup there it was again. I peep around the corner to check it out and... I don't see any thing. I turn back to grab my list and there it was again. So I peep around the corner again (a little freaked out) and I see a shadow in the window... Here are the next few things that go through my head as I am frozen staring at the window...

1. There is a squirrel on the window seal outside... (then the shadow moves up, and makes a rather loud rustling noise)
2. Oh, it must a bird stuck between the screen and the window... (then a wing pops out between the slats of the blinds)
3. OMG!!!! The bird is INSIDE!

Now I am frozen in terror, what to do.... what to do.... what to do...

About that time the bird cranes it neck out from behind the blinds and gives me an "I'm going to pluck your eyes out" stare. So now, here we are having a staring contest... I let him win, because I bolt back in the kitchen grab my phone (then notice the bird poo all over the kitchen and the plant knocked out of the window seal about the sink) and start to head out the door. And just about that time the bird takes flight and makes a bee-line into the kitchen. I scream bloody murder thinking he really IS coming to pluck my eyes out so I cower down in the corner by the fridge and cover my face. I peek through my fingers just in time to see him SLAM into a mirror, then fall to the ground and proceed to flop around like a FOOL!
THIS IS MY CHANCE TO ESCAPE!!!!

I run out the back door and call Chase... This is how that conversation went...
Me- THERE IS A BIRD IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!
Chase- Do what?
Me- THERE IS A BIRD IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!
Chase- a what?
Me- A BIRD!!!..... THERE IS A BIRD IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!
Chase- ok, call Adam (our neighbor)... No, I'll call Adam- but go back inside and open all the windows.
Me- I AM NOT GOING BACK IN THERE!!!! NO WAY! THAT THING IS TRYING TO KILL ME!!!
Chase- really, really Anna Marie? It's a bird, he is probably more scared then you.
Me- UH... I really doubt that. But I am NOT going back in there.
Chase- Ok, I'll call Adam.

Thank goodness I left the keys in the door, so I could get the car seat out of the garage and still go get Bates. I get in the car and head out to get Bates, and Chase calls back. "Adam is stuck at work." Ok, I'll call Johnny (our contractor, the reason there are holes in our sealing and a bird got in).

After I get Bates I head back to the house to see if Johnny got the bird out. I pull in the drive way and he comes out and says "I don't see a bird. I have been all through the house and into the attic, and I don't see anything". Me- "REALLY.... I swear, look there is bird poo in my kitchen... There is a bird in there."

I don't know how, but the bird disappeared...

As soon as Johnny left, so did Bates and I- I just knew if I walked back in there that bird was going to dive bomb me.

So far, I have not seen the bird again... But here is my proof.... there really was a bird, well at the time is looked more like a Teradactal...





Now I am super paranoid every time I come in the house that I am going to get dive bombed.

No comments:

Post a Comment