Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tummy Tuesday 37 Weeks


Sylvia had another check up today with another ultrasound to check amniotic fluid levels and all's well with momma and baby. In the holding pattern and just waiting on her to decide it's time to come out. The fluid level dropped slightly but still on the low side of normal which earns her another repeat ultrasound next week. No real reason for concern yet, but something to keep an eye on. Ideal levels are between 10-12 and mine were 8 last week and 7.75 this week. If they drop to 5 then they will induce. 

I'd really prefer her to come between the 27th and 31st OR hang out until the 12th or later. Margaret's Birthday is on the 4th and I'd prefer their birthdays be as far apart as possible. Yes, the 31st is not very far away from the 4th, but it is in another month so it feels farther away. I don't want their sister's birthday to over shadow either one of their birthday's. We are taking family walks every night and doing labor inducing stretches to try to coax her out by the end of the month, but if she doesn't I may just put myself on bed rest until the 12th :) 

Sylvia slept through most of the ultrasound, but the tech need to wake her up to check something so she "stimulated" her. HILARIOUS! I think we've got another feisty one on our hands. She furrowed her eyebrows and crinkled her forehead all up. She got MAD, and it was AWESOME. Although I am sure we are in for payback. Pretty cool to see a little glimpse of her personality.
 
Sleeping on the left and her mad face on the right.

At 37 weeks and 5 days Sylvia is now around 19 inches long and 7.5 pounds (approximately the size of a baby) although they didn't take any official measurements today. And considering I'm 2 weeks from due date I feel great. Little swollen and definitely have the pregnancy waddle now but no real complaints. The weather has cooled off, so I'm not miserably hot anymore and since she had dropped I haven't has nearly they heartburn or trouble breathing, although I do go to the bathroom about every hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment