Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Tummy Tuesday 33 Weeks


Wow... 33 weeks... really in the home stretch now. I only have 6 weeks and 2 days left until due date! 

Sylvia is a little over 17 inches long and 4 whopping pounds! She is rapidly loosing her wrinkly skin and alien look and starting to look more and more like a newborn. Her skeleton is hardening although most areas will not complete fuse together until after birth. She is starting to be able to control her own body temperature, and yawns, swallows, and hiccups frequently. "They" say she should be making around 8 movements every 2 hours that can be felt, although I think she is moving a lot more than that. Kid is a wiggle worm!

And I am still feeling great. I think heart burn and shortness of breath is here to stay but if this is as bad as it gets I'm golden! It's hot as hades outside and this little heater I am carrying is not helping the situation.

At my OB appointment last week she asked my feelings on induction, possibly an early induction. I have a history of quick labor which is a blessing, well unless you live 45 minutes from the hospital. She called it something that starts with a P- heck I don't remember- but I am textbook of whatever it is. I dilate and thin quite a bit in the weeks before delivery so when I go into labor baby comes quickly even with a normal labor progression because of the head start my body has. With MC my water broke then contractions started and she was here in 5 hours (not bad, but apparently quick for a first) and with Margaret I was induced- but I got pitocin and 2 hours later she was here. Doc is concerned with such a rapid progression between baby 1 and baby 2 that *could* mean baby 3 will come even faster. It is also common for subsequent babies to be bigger than the last. Baby 1 was 6 pounds and Baby 2 was 8 pounds and at this rate Sylvia *could* be pushing 9 pounds at delivery. Delivering a 9 pound baby in the car is not ideal, nor safe for either of us. All of this is what potentially *could* happen not necessarily *expected* to happen so we will just wait and see for now.  I guess it was all depends on how I am progressing and how she is measuring as to what we decide to do. I would rather not be induced, but if that is what is takes to keep us safe and healthy then that is what we will do. 

So with that being said I REALLY hope nesting sets in soon. I seriously need motivation to get all the baby stuff out of the attic. I need to take inventory to decide with we need to buy and what we have that I need to clean so she can use. Not to mention I need to start setting up her "nursery closet". I mean seriously, she could be here in about a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment