Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Tummy Tuesday 12 weeks

12 Weeks

Our little nugget is a little over 12 weeks today. Inching closer and closer to the second trimester!

He/she is just over 2 inches long weighing in at half an ounce, and looks indistinguishably human! Sorry Mary Claire, mommy isn't making a turtle.

There was apparently some miscommunication at the doctors office about what kind of testing I was having done last week. I though I was having the full prenatal screening done, but when I called on Friday to check on my results (that I was supposed to have in on Wednesday or Thursday) they told me the results from the lab were not back yet. And bless the little nurses heart that I was talking to because I went all hormonal on her... Went a little something like this.
 Well, you SAID they would be ready in 2-3 days and that was Wednesday or Thursday. It is now Friday and you are telling me you still don't have them?!?! We had family coming in town and I HAD planned to do a gender reveal and now I can't since YOU failed to get the results in a timely manner. 

Timidly, she responded, Ma'am you only had a Pap-A done to test for Downs Syndrome, not the full Pre-natal screening. 

HUMMM, what???

She offered to have me come back for the full screening, but I wanted the results for this weekend when all the family was already in town for MC's birthday. So regardless of what happened we will not know the gender until after the 20 week ultrasound. 

His/her reflexes are the main development this past week. Baby P3's finger can close into a fist and re-open, his/her toes can also curl, and his/her mouth can make sucking movements. He/She will respond to external stimuli by clenching his/her eyes at bright light or wiggling if I push on my belly, although I can't feel it yet. Meanwhile in the brain, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly and making thousands of synapses.

As for me, I am ready to be out of the first trimester. When I think back to my other pregnancies all I remember is how much I loved being pregnant (well except right there at the end with Margaret, I was pretty miserable). It's funny how you brain blocks out the bad, and you only remember the good. So far my symptoms have been similar, although lately they come and go this time with no rhyme or reason. Sometimes I feel great, and other times I wanna curl up in the fetal position in my bed. In about a month I should start to perk up again... hopefully. And pregnancy acne is back with vengeance. See that huge knot on the side of my nose? Yeah, that is in my sight line, so annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment