Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Tummy Tuesday 14 Weeks

14 Weeks

Ahhh, Hello second trimester! I have been looking forward to seeing you.
Finally seem to be feeling better. Still tired, but feeling much better. I have not felt queezy in the last few days, but I still get that funny metallic taste in my mouth occasionally. Beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Had another Doctors appointment this last week. I didn't get to see my regular doctor because I went to the wrong office. Pregnancy Brain at it's finest I guess. But still a good check up! Baby's heart beat was 160bpm and very strong. Next appointment is the big ultrasound!

Finally got the results from the blood work part of the prenatal screening that I had done a few weeks ago. The reason it took so long to come back is because part of it came back abnormal, so they ran it twice. When I talked to the doctor she had me nervous saying things like "Are you where you can talk privately?" "I want you to hear everything I have to say before you jump to conclusions" etc. When she told me that I am just at a higher risk of this baby having Downs Syndrome it was a huge sigh of relief. The normal risk for a women my age is 1/569 and my blood draw concluded my chance with this baby is 1/186. Still only about .05% chance, but since it is an elevated risk I will have additional testing done (tomorrow, and then results in 5-7 business days) that will conclusively tell us whether he/she has Downs. Chase and I could not careless either way. I know that is what people expect me to say but it HONESTLY is not going to matter. Yes, we would want to know before delivery so we can be prepared, but the results will not change the fact that God has hand-picked this baby for our family. We would feel privileged that He trusted us enough with such as amazing gift. Children (and adults) with Downs are typically the happiest most loving people you will ever meet. What a blessing to have a child with such joy and zeal for life. 

Baby P3 is now about the size of a bell pepper (3.5 inches long) but still has plenty of room to float around in the womb. His/her organs are starting to function now too. The spleen is making red blood cells and the amniotic fluid that he/she swallows fully passes as urine.

Funny side note: the weekly baby updates I get on my phone told me this week I may start to need maternity clothes if I have had a baby before. HA! I have been in maternity clothes for a month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment