Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tummy Tuesday

Week 30


Mary Claire is now around 15.7 inches long and weighs in at a whopping 3 pounds. This is what all the books and websites say, but I hear of babies born around this time and they are only a pound and a half to 2 pounds, so who really knows??? Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. Hopefully she will get her daddy's eyes- both in sight and color. :)

I had my 30 week appointment last Friday (with the nurse practitioner) and the million dollar question.... How much did "Momma P" gain? ONE POUND! Wahoo I did it! Dr McGowen is going to be so proud of me when I see her next week at my 32 week check up. I didn't gain another 9 pounds- just like she asked. 

But on to the real point of the visit- Mary Claire had another great check up. Everything was right on track. My belly measured 30 inches, her heartbeat was "perfect", and all was well.

After the doctors appointment we headed to Memphis for Christmas. It was kind of neat to be pregnant at Christmas time. For the first time I felt like I could really relate to Mary- I feel like I can better understand what her emotions could have been. I mean seriously people... I could not imagine riding on a donkey all day- not knowing what was happening to my body- having only Chase to help me give birth to our child- and above all not having clean clothes or a clean bed to put my sweet baby in! She had to have been so scared, felt so alone. I have an all new appreciation for Mary. She was quite a remarkable woman! 

*** We aren't going to mention that I cried during EVERY song about Mary sung in church***

She is going to be here before we know it! 10 more weeks... that's so hard to believe!    

No comments:

Post a Comment