Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tummy Tuesday

WEEK 28
"First week of the last trimester"

Is it just me or are Tuesdays getting closer and closer together?!?!?

Mary Claire is now weighs two and a quarter pounds and is 14.5 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now have lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through my belly. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

I have come to the conclusion she is not kicking or punching me... She is swimming. She just rolls and moves a lot- never a real blow to the ribs or elbow to the kidney. When she moves I usually feel her in 2 opposing spots. She is just rolling over and getting comfy. I just picture her like my little Orca Whale... so graceful!


She had hiccups for the first time this week. It was like a little heartbeat pounding right inside my right hip bone. So sweet!

Friday was my last monthly doctor appoint- from now on I go every 2 weeks! AGH! It's getting so close!!! All was well at my appointment. Her heart beat sounded "great", my belly size was "right on track", and the blood work they drew last visit came back "normal." I also got some info on pre-registering at the hospital, and finding a pediatrician. There was only one small hic-up... I gained 9 pounds since the last visit!!! Woops! She said that was fine since I had gained so little this far, but to "try not to do it again next month."... We will see about that, but I'm not making any promises. :)

So Momma P had a SERIOUS "pregnancy brain" moment this week. I have been carefully watching my hands and feet for swelling, because I sure as heck do not want to have to have my wedding rings cut off or stretch out a good pair of shoes. So, with that being said... Chase's work Christmas Party was this last Saturday night and all night I kept sliding my rings up and down my finger because they were kind of tight- not bad- just tighter than normal. All night I kept checking to make sure it wasn't getting any worse. After the party- I took off all my jewelry, got ready for bed, and went and sat on the couch and watched TV for a little bit with Chase, his boss, and his bosses wife (Hi Patty!) I looked down at my hands (still concerned they may be swelling) and I noticed the indinations from my rings on my RIGHT hand.... CRISIS AVERTED! My hands were not swelling... Dummy just had her rings on the wrong hand all day! HA! We all got a good laugh out of it though. :)

1 comment:

  1. MC weighs more than Bates did when he was born! Tell her to stay put 2 pound babies aren't cute!

    ReplyDelete