Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tummy Tuesday 9 weeks


Baby P #3 is trucking right along, 9 weeks (and 5 days) to be exact. 

Our newest addition is nearly an inch long now, about the size of a grape. Although by the size of that bump at night you would have thought he/she was the size of an avocado. :) Our little grape is beginning to look a lot more human. He/she has earlobes, a mouth, nose, and eyes (although they will not open for another 5 months). The embryonic tail is now gone, and the baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are in running high gear. The skeleton is forming, but the bones are still soft. He/she is poised and ready for rapid weight gain now!

Let me just take a moment right here to say from here on out I will just refer to this baby as a "she". No, we do not know the gender of the baby, but I would be SHOCKED if it is a boy. My symptoms are identical to my pregnancy symptoms with both the girls. And when I picture this baby, I picture a girl. I know girls, girls are natural to us, so this baby is a girl... or at least in my head at least she is.

Overall, I am good. Just extremely tired all.the.time. We put the girls down around 7:45-8 and I head straight to bed too. Eleven hours of sleep is not enough these days. I have bouts of nausea occasionally, especially if I get hungry. So I'm eating like every 2-3 hours (which could the reason behind the bump, not the baby... just sayin'). I also developed an umbilical hernia when I was pregnant with Margaret and it is painful from time to time. Doc says I will have to have it repaired after I deliver this baby, unless it because a problem before, then I have to have it fixed during pregnancy which she doesn't advise unless absolutely necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment