Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tummy tuesday

Week 39


A certain 2 year old spilled something on our laptop and 70% of the sensors of the mouse pad thing went out. That's why the picture is not so good and no week written down the side.  Gotta work with what we've got while it's at the apple store getting fixed.

Yes folks, that's right I am 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant. That's 3 days over the due date I had given Margaret based on when Mary Claire was born. I just knew I would have a sweet bundle of joy by now. Not to mention TWO different doctors thought I would too. I've tried spicy, Chinese, eggplant parmesan, pressure points, warm baths, walks, and anything else I can find on google. I should at least get an A for effort, but she is obviously not ready.

At my last doctors appointment I had progressed even more. I was already measuring what I was after being in labor for 2 hours with Mary Claire. Doc told me to "go ahead and make an appointment for next Wednesday but I doubt you will make it that far." But here I am still pregnant.

I have come up with a few theories why:
Theory 1- By my calculations MC was due 2 days earlier then the date the doctor gave me. Plus it was leap year. So when she came 5 days early it was REALLY only 2 from my calculations. Margaret was measuring due the 30th on the first ultrasound but they went with the date calculation since it was within a week of the measuring date. So if you wanna get technicial tonight could very well the same night I went into labor with MC.
Theory 2- God is again teaching me that I can't control and plan out everything. He is in control not me... And patience has never been a virtue of mine, maybe he's working on that too.
Theory 3- maybe the right buyer for our house needs a few extra days to work everything out so we can sell it to them?
Theory 4- Margaret has heard her room isn't ready yet

My next appointment is tomorrow and I'm sure he will ask me about inducing. I'm not totally opposed to inducing but I would much rather her come when she is ready. I had such a smooth labor and delivery with Mary Claire I would hate to induce and it be awful and then kick myself for not being patient. Maybe he could just break my water and cross my fingers that sends me into labor naturally?
Am I supposed to induce so she could potentially have the option to start kindergarten early if she is ready?
Is she REALLY due?- I mean my due date was calculated from a miscarriage.
It would be awfully convent for all our out of town family to induce so they could travel over the long weekend.

Oh the things running through my head. I have no idea what is best? I guess I will just let the doctor decide tomorrow.

So here I sit- still pregnant with no nursery. Praying for a smooth delivery that comes very quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment