Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tummy Tuesday

37 Weeks

2 weeks and 2 days to go! But who is counting? Mary Claire came 5 days early so that is what I am gaging my time left by... so really 11 days... right? (I am going to be a very unhappy camper in 12 days if Margaret is not here- just forewarning you)

They say there are 3 trimesters of pregnancy... but I heard someone say recently that is false. It should be broken up as follows : first 36 weeks and the last month. Totally true! I am finally in the uncomfortable part of pregnancy and in the "get this baby outta here" stage. My back hurts, my feet hurt, I can't breath,  I'm tired, I'm hungry but don't want to eat because there is no room in there and then I get heart burn, etc... All those things that make most people miserable most of their 9 months have just now hit me. Thankful that I only have "11 days" left. (Still going with 11 days)

Highlights from last Friday

*Lost 2.5 pounds in 1 week*
Remember that "there is no room for food" feeling I have- apparently it has decreased my appetite, Doc said no worries I am in still well with in the normal range and Margaret is going to get what she needs no matter what so he was not at all concerned.

*Margaret's heart rate was "unusually low for her"*
Her heart rate has been running in the mid to upper 150's but last Friday it was 128bpm. Doc shook her around a bit and got it up to 132bpm and said he wasn't concerned that she was probably just sleeping. He said anything about 110 is considered normal and as long as it is above that Margaret is fine. 

*Still progressing quite nicely*
After he check, the first thing out of his mouth was "Do you want to induce?" I told him I was did not  and he said, "Good, I'm not sure you are going to make it the full 40 weeks so picking an induction date before you go into labor could be tricky." I guess my face must have lit up because he quickly followed with, "Now don't be mad at me if you go the full 40 weeks- it is entirely possible, but I would not be at all surprised if you go early." There is hope! See I told you 11 days....

So much to do and so little time (ahem... 11 days) left to do it!

Her nursery is not done. It still needs carpet, lights and a doorknob. Don't get me started on the workers.... UGH this momma wants to make a nest! Chase will not give me their number, and probably for good reason.

I have packed (for the most part) the hospital bag and it is in the van ready to go. Still not sure what we are going to do about Mary Claire if I go into labor- guess it will be a game time decision depending on what time of day and what day of the week I go into labor. Best case- I will go into labor in the morning on a week day and we can take her to school and that will give our out of town family time to get here and get her. Worst case- any other time than when she can go to school and she might just be going with us :) If you would like to be on the list to receive a panicked call from Chase trying to find someone to watch our kid when I go into labor let me know- we are currently taking applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment