Sunday, April 29, 2012

Back to reality

This past week it was back to reality... back to work. I love my job and I love the people I work with, so I wasn't dreading going back to work... but I wasn't looking forward to it either. I was as ready as I was ever going to be. 

Tuesday was my first day back which also meant Mary Claire's first day at Day Care.

I knew it was going to be hard to leave her, so I had been preparing for that. We always take her to the nursery at church, leave her with our parents to baby sit when we can, I would even leave her at "daddy- daycare" and go run errands by myself. So- I knew what it was going to be like to be without her... I thought I was prepared.



I dropped her (and her stuff) off at 7:30am and headed to work. There were no tears at the day care. I held it together giving her kisses good-bye and talking to her teachers. BUT- the moment I pulled into the parking lot at work the water-works started. I guess reality set in that I had to go back to work- that I had to leave her ALL day, not just for a few hours. Leaving her SUCKED!!! I couldn't tell Chase anything other than "This (sniffle sniffle) sucks (sniffle)!!!!)

I called and checked on her a couple...well more like quite a few times that first day and every time she was "doing good." And it was nice I was busy at work, so I didn't have too much time to sit and think about what she was doing, or if she was ok with out me. 

I got out of work as quickly as I could to go get that baby, and she was sooooo excited to see me! Well, as excited as a 2 month old gets. :)

Day 1 Report Card


Wednesday was much better. No tears at all from mom, but the stress of trying to be a full time mom and full time employee was beginning to settle in. I was getting a little frazzled making sure Chase had clean pants, Mary Claire's bottles made, mom's scrubs cleaned, dinner made, etc. BUT we made it.

Day 2 Report Card


Thursday there were tears again, but this time they were tears of frustration. She had been un since 4:45 (15 minutes before mom had to get up), already had 2 wardrobe changes (due to 2 blowout poops), AND we were running late. UGH!!! So stressed! I just had to cry, it didn't fix anything but made me feel a little better. Once I got her dropped off and I got to work I finally could breathe... WHEW... it's over I thought. 

Day 3 Report Card


And the highlight of my day, a picture message from daycare!!!


Week one is behind us. I few lessons learned and I'm sure MANY more to come. Can't say I am looking forward to doing it again, but ready or not here it comes...

No comments:

Post a Comment