Thursday, March 29, 2012

Puppy Pads aren't just for Puppies!

So the diaper rash situation is getting no better. :(  Poor Baby, it looks really raw and painful!

Doc said that "moisture is the enemy"... so I got to thinking....

Let her be NAKIE!!!!!

So off the Target I go to get puppy pads for her to chill on all day while her little bum airs out.


It is not quite the fairy tale I pictured... for some reason she was not at all content to just lay there on the puppy pad. Plus she was going through them like every 10-15 minutes. 


But we toughed it out all day. Every time I had to change the pad we changed spots... the floor- the swing- the bouncy seat- and of course momma's arms. I only got peed on 2x and all the poo stayed on the pads. :)

She took a 2 hour nap in the swing, and yes I knew I was going to have to wash that blanket but I didn't want the nakie baby to get cold. 


Nothing was peed or pooed on that can't be washed, but her little bum is not any better. Not sure it was worth it? What to try next???

5 comments:

  1. Don't know if you can even buy this...but Ammons Medicated Powder worked wonders years ago. MC is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby girl :( But good thinking on the puppy pads! Its funny and clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless her! And you...I know that must break your heart. The puppy pad is hilarious by the way. We'll say a prayer that her little bottom gets better asap!
    Beth Duncan Petersen

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need some of the barrier cream we use on the residents at the nursing home. Clears up butt problems quickly!! Poor baby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ike came home from the hospital with a bad diaper rash (grrrr) that would not go away. Finally, I started spraying it with neosporin and it cleared up FAST. Hope that helps MC! She is a doll!

    ReplyDelete