Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

On Monday June 20, 2011 at approx 7:15pm Chase and I had been married 2 years! And what were we doing you ask? Well- I was teaching VBS at our Church and Chase was playing with his new dirtbike... Romantic I know, right!?!?

We did celebrate our anniversary, but we just went on Friday night, since I knew I would be teaching VBS on our actual anniversary.



We went to Arrington Vineyards Friday night and the weather couldn't have been more perfect! Nothing real exciting- just took a picnic, did a wine tasting, and sat and talked for a few hours. It was a good time for just the 2 of us. We reminisced about the past, and talked about where the future may take us. :)




We couldn't belive it has been 2 years already! We have been married for 2 and together for 7+. That's like 1/3 of our lives! It's kind of crazy to think of it like that. The last 2 years have been a worldwind for sure! In the past 2 years we both moved away from "home", got big kid jobs, bought a house, a car, and new dirtbike, which lead to lots of nights hovering over a calculator complaning about how much it sucks to be adult. We found "our church", and are still working on finding "our friends". We have also had our fair share of  fights, trials, tears, and near death experiences- and I joke and tell Chase it has been the best year and a half of my life. I'm not going to lie- we don't have that "fairy-tale" life I dreamed of as a little girl, no he is not always "prince charming" and no everything is not always "perfect". It's hard enough to have to grow up, much less have to grow up togther...but I wouldn't change one day from the last 2 years. When I said I do, I meant it... I do now, I do tomorrow, and I do forever... Everything we have been through together- the good AND the bad-  has made us the strong couple we are today. The last 2 years of my life haven't been easy by any means... as my MawMaw told me when Chase proposed, "Marrige isn't easy- It takes a lot of work". Yes, it is a lot of work, but it is totally worth it. I've always got a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear, a healing touch, a voice of reason, but more then any of that I have a best friend. And to be quite honest we make a darn good pair. He is not the perfect husband, but nor am I the perfect wife- and best yet we don't expect each other to be. We love each other through our warts as my momma says. We have learned a lot from each other over the last 2 years and we anxiously look forward to all the memories we have yet to make.

Here is to MANY more years of wedded bliss!

2 comments:

  1. I'm posting a comment!!!! Happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a precious gift to all of us in the family! Happy anniversary to the Peelers! You two make the most beautiful couple......

    ReplyDelete